Thursday, July 26, 2018

Denali- A Short Film about Love

Hollywood films have been very disappointing as of late.  They seem to be too formulaic, overhyped, and over-stylized.  It's been quite some time since I have been genuinely moved by a cinematic film.  Resorting to Netflix has helped alleviate this hunger, but still many Netflix films and series are also trending toward the formulaic and actually depressing in their outlook.

Thus from time to time I seek refuge in Vimeo, which showcases mostly small budget, indie, short films which can be inspiring, thought provoking, and emotive.  I came across this Film titled, Denali, recently.  Thinking it was about the African Mountain Range, I almost clicked off of it.  While watching the first 5 minutes, I almost turned away, thinking it a crude short take on nature.

I was so wrong.  This is a beautiful film about changing your perspective, and finding love and beauty in our life around us.  Wonderful photography and subtle narration.

Denali from FELT SOUL MEDIA on Vimeo.

No comments: